In Roorkee College of Engineering, Roorkee the placement of the students is not only limited to place them in some reputed organization of their respective fields but also to prepare them for higher studies or to prepare them to start their own ventures (enterprise) to make them self-supported. The later aspect is known as Entrepreneurship Development. As the term itself denotes, EDP is a programme meant to develop entrepreneurial abilities among the students of RCE, that refers to inculcation, development, and polishing of entrepreneurial skills into the students to establish and successfully run his/her enterprise.
Roorkee College of Engineering is running entrepreneurship development programme to equip students with the required skills and knowledge needed for starting and running the enterprise. There are various methods taken into consideration:
- Institute-Industry interaction:The Institute encourages its facultyand students to interact with industry in all possible ways with the spirit of deriving mutual benefit. Memorandum ofUnderstanding (MoU) are also signed with most of the nearby industries/industry associations. RCE students to discuss their ideas with the successful entrepreneurs and industry professionals. The students are benefitted by their experience and knowledge.
- Incubation Programme: The Incubation Program is a programme designed to help current RCE students and make progress on their entrepreneurial ventures. We encourage students to implement their ideas who are committed to building their venture. Resources and support is provided to the selected teams of the students to reach their milestones.Examples of resources provided to help guide student teams toward success:
- Shared co-working space
- Private workshops
- Exclusive Office Hours with guest experts
- Technical resources including hosting credits
- Access to our maker space hardware lab